All you need to know about DIY cabinet Refacing works!
Are you tired of your kitchen cabinets? If so then the best option would be refacing them instead of replacing the cabinets. A new and fresh kitchen is on the top list for any home owner’s remodeling. If the existing cabinets have become shabby, refacing them is the best option. Refacing the old cabinets is DIY friendly and can also save your money. This process is a quick and an easy way to change the entire look of your kitchen without making any mess and expense of a remodeling. Refacing the cabinets would cost you approximately one-third of what replacing the cabinets would cost. And, by doing the DIY Cabinet Refacing work yourself would also save lots of money.
So, if you are planning to get the refacing work yourself then for this, it requires proper attention to the details of the cabinets and also some experience with tools and equipment. You just need to cut and measure accurately, and further you’ll be able to process the refacing work in a smooth way. On the other hand, there are few steps that you need to follow for processing the DIY Cabinet Refacing work that includes:
1. First of all, you need to remove the doors and drawers of the cabinets and then should cover their front edges. The edges should be covered with any of the peel and stick wood veneer of a good quality.
2. After this, you are required to hang the new doors with the cup hinges that should be adjustable and can be easily installed.
3. Now, get the new drawers and attach them to the existing ones.
4. Lastly, replace the moldings and further install the new hardware so that the cabinets work smoothly.
Besides, if you want a contractor to do the cabinet refacing work for your kitchen, you may contact them for the same. But, before contacting and hiring the professionals for this work there are certain things that you should keep in mind. These tips will help you to choose the best contractor who can provide you with the best results in terms of cabinet refacing.
- Firstly, you should search for local resources to get the information about some of the best cabinet refacing professionals. You can also ask your friends and family who recently had their kitchen cabinets refaced so that they can recommend a professional.
- The professional refacing worker should have at least some experience in verifiable finish carpentry so that they can work in the best way and provides the best results.
- You should also remember to contact those contractors who can provide you with the best results under your budget. Always remember to get the details about the cost beforehand, so that you don’t face any issue once the refacing work is finished.
- Also, you should make sure that the contractors have good customer reviews and ratings. You should keep in mind to check their official site for customer reviews and ratings so that you can choose the best worker for your work.
Hence, whenever you are deciding for any contractor, make sure that you have followed the above-mentioned tips so that you end up hiring the best professionals for the cabinet refacing work. These tips will surely help you in deciding for the contractors who can provide you with 100% positive work and that too under your budget.